Rules and Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct is based upon the Contributor Covenant v2.1. For additional rules, enforcement policies, and other information not present below reference the above link, or contact one of the Staff members through any of the means listed below.
It is summarized on the Discord community as such:
✅ Do This
- Demonstrate empathy and kindness towards other people
- Be respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Give and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accept responsibility and apologize to those affected by mistakes, and learn from the experience
- Focus on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
🛑 Don’t Do This
- Engage in the use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Engage in trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Engage in public or private harassment
- Publish others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Engage in other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
🌐 External Presence
In severe cases of conduct in other forums outside of the Ruby Learning Center moderation action can and will be taken to ensure the safety of the community, and to remove potentially harmful members.
Only in the most extreme of cases will immediate and irrevocable bans be the first action taken. All other concerning matters will be addressed with the member in question through our enforcement guidelines in line with the level of potential community impact.
🗣 Reporting Incidents
Report any incident or violation of the rules to Admin or Staff members which can be found on:
- Discord: Tag @Staff or @Admin, or reach out via DM to any online member in the Staff group
- Twitter: DM @RubyLearningDev
- Email: Reach out to keystonelemur (at) gmail (dot) com
🚦 Enforcement Guidelines
Enforcement shall meet the level of violation of the code of conduct, ultimately resulting in permanent bans for severe cases.
Community Impact: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the community.
Consequence: A private, written warning from community leaders, providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation of why the behavior was inappropriate. A public apology may be requested.
Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels like social media. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
3. Temporary Ban
Community Impact: A serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
Consequence: A temporary ban from any sort of interaction or public communication with the community for a specified period of time. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
4. Permanent Ban
Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals.
Consequence: A permanent ban from any sort of public interaction within the community.